1 1⁄2 cups cake flour (not self rising)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1⁄2 cup chopped white chocolate
1⁄2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the two eggs and the vanilla and beat well.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted at centre of pan comes out with moist crumbs. Don’t overbake!